Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Poetry

"Here I sit all broken hearted, tried to shit but only farted. Then one day I took a chance, tried to fart but shit my pants."

I read that on the wall in a bathroom stall in a truck stop one time. I can't lie, it made me laugh. Anyway, I can't remember ever writing poetry but It's my girlfriends birthday and I just got off the phone with her and she was telling me I should write a blog in a different genre than I usually do. I think I'll try my best at a poem but I wanted to warn anybody reading this that I have no idea what I'm doing and when I finish I'm going to publish the post but it's probably going to be pretty embarrassing. Here it goes... 

It's been five minutes since I finished the paragraph above and I don't know where to start,
I think I remember something about how poetry is supposed to come from the heart?

I can tell that if this poem is going to have any length at all it's going to take some time,
I think I remember something about how poems are supposed to rhyme?

Aren't they supposed to have a certain number of syllables too?
Or maybe that's just the Japanese Haiku?

I don't know, I've never done this, maybe it'll be best if I just use my wrist,
To position my hands over the keys, while sitting outside under the trees.

Haha, I'm lying, I'm just in my room, thinking of another word that'll rhyme with room, Broom!
That's it, broom rhymes with room and another word that rhymes with those two is tomb ;)

You know Dr. Sues used to be one of my favorite authors as a young lad,
I liked "Hop on Pop" because the drawings in it were rad.

That verse a couple lines back with broom, room and tomb reminded me of Dr. Sues.
You know what else reminds me of Dr. Sues? A big yellow caboose. 

Okay, time to make a point, poetry might not be for me.
But it was fun to try and I'm glad other people do it with glee, lol.

Happy Birthday Renee! I hope you liked my incredibly cheesy/awful poem ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment